ENGLISH USER MANUAL
- Sign Up
- Designer Application
- Mobile Application
To sign up for a free account and give the application a spin, navigate to http://app.acquee.com/designer/signup . The new account will grant you access to the Designer Application where forms can be designed, lists uploaded and various settings configured.
Note: Mobile user accounts will be managed inside the application and do not need to be opened separately at the above address.
Once you have opened an account, navigate to the http://app.acquee.com/designer/login and use the credentials to log in.
Upon login, the home screen will be shown:
- main menu on the top
- dashboard in the middle of the screen from where you can see:
- any pending notifications and leftover quota overview
- some account statistics
- active forms/surveys
- quick links to form design, publish and result view
The explanation of the usual workflow of how to use the application follows below.
Creating your first form¶
When you open a new account one default form will already have been created for you, the Default form example. We suggest you glance through the form to get an overview and a feel for the application.
To manage and create new forms/surveys, click on the Forms menu item on the left which will display the list of all existing forms:
- click the Create new button in the top left corner of this screen
- click the Create New button that is ALWAYS available as a quick link in the top right corner of any screen
Afterwards, follow the steps outlined below.
Editing basic information¶
When creating or editing a form use the [Basic Info] tab to enter essential information and properties of a form:
- Title - a name of the form used as an internal identifier
- Public - leave this checkbox enabled to make the new form publicly available without having the user to authenticate; the URL will be displayed after the form is saved
- [Basic Info] - to create a new form or edit basic information of existing ones
- [Design] - to create and manage screens and fields
- [Publish] - to grant access to a form to mobile users
- [Results] - to view and export collected results
- [Analyze] - to graphically present collected results of some structured fields
Designing pages and fields¶
Move onto the [Design] tab, click the Add screen button and enter the first page's title:
- notice the black rectangle with a 1 in it on the left, those are page tabs
- if you add more pages, you will see more page tabs
- you can select the page by clicking on its tab
- you can rearrange pages by simply dragging and dropping the tabs around
Clicking the Add field button, will give you a dialog where the title and the type of the field is selected:
Click the new field positioned on the top of page 1:
- the field receives focus indicated by the red outline
- field properties are shown in a column on the right
- enable the Mandatory checkbox
- enter the multiple Options that should be offered to the user, separated by new line (enter/return), as shown in the screenshot above
Do not forget to Save!
Let's add another field, of type Yes/No this time, asking the user if they currently own a car:
Sharing the Form¶
Switch to [Publish] tab to see the following:
- Since you have enabled the Public property of the form, the form does not need to be published (assigned) to any user. It is publicly available through the listed URL.
- Your free account comes with ONE authenticated mobile user that is shown here. However, the password of this user has not been set yet and you will be able to do so within the Mobile Users menu item. But since it is a public form, ignore this for the moment.
- additional authenticated mobile users can be purchased within the [Subscription] tab of the Account menu item
To access the mobile form now, simply enter the URL shown in this screen into your mobile device (PDA, cellphone, etc).
The above URL should be navigated to using your mobile device to see something like:
You can also use a desktop browser to submit it.
See the Mobile Application section below for more details on the mobile interface.
Once you had submitted a few forms, navigate to the [Results] tab to see the outcome:
- view results grouped by submit or raw
- export results to Excel or CSV
- click Search button on the grid to filter results
- click Delete to permanently erase displayed results and use the filters to narrow down selection
Switch to [Analyze] tab now and select one of the questions from the dropdown to display a nice graphical representation of the results:
Manage Mobile Users¶
Your free account comes with ONE authenticated mobile user. However, the password of this user is not set yet so you will have to do so within the Mobile Users menu item. Select the Free User and the following screen will allow you to set its properties:
Set the user's Full Name, Username and Password. This user will be able to access assigned forms in an authenticated manner.
Additional authenticated mobile users can be purchased using the [Subscriptions] tab within the Account menu item.
Note: Free User's form submissions count towards the quota of the free account (20 form submissions / month). Additional purchased mobile users do not have any limitation on the number of form submissions.
When we refer to the mobile application, we refer to the form entry interface, authenticated or un-athenticated.
Forms that are set as Public can be accessed directly by simply entering its URL into the mobile or desktop device's browser (see Editing basic information).
Authenticated access¶Forms that are not public will require a few prior setups:
- mobile user(s) must have a username and password set (see Manage Mobile Users)
- form access must be granted to individual mobile users (see Sharing the Form)
- the URL, and login credentials must be sent to mobile users (URL and account code required can be retrieved from the home/dashboard screen, account code is also visible under the Account menu item of the Designer application)
When the user navigates to the corresponding URL, she is presented with the mobile login screen where mobile user's credentials must be entered:
Once logged in, the mobile home screen is shown listing all available forms that were granted to the logged in user:
To start entering a form, the user must only click on the name of the form.
To see the example of the form entry we have designed, see Submitting results. However, notice that the bottom toolbar has another cancel button that can be used to cancel the entry and go back to the home screen:
According to our previous definition of the form, the first field is a multiple selection with an orange/red background which indicates a mandatory input and the second one is a Yes/No.
More about the mobile application features and field types can be found on http://acquee.com/en/features/#mobile .
Lists are long spreadsheets of data that should be viewable or selectable within a survey/form. To avoid tedious manual input, Acquee offers import of such data in Excel or CSV formats.
Creating lists¶First of all, navigate to the Lists menu item. Here, a few options are available:
- Create new open an editing screen to enter list details
- Clear selected empties all records of selected list(s) but does not delete its core definition
- Delete selected deletes all records and the selected list(s) itself
- give the list a Name
- submit an XLS or CSV file which will automatically be parsed by the application (in this case, select the "Country List Excel file found here )
- after clicking Save the system may take a while to upload, parse and import the submitted list so be patient
Managing lists¶The following actions are available for lists inside Acquee:
- permanently remove a list (Delete list button)
- delete all records of a list (Clear list) - this option should be used before an updated version of a list needs to be loaded
- view list items using the [List items] tab
- see which forms a list is used on by a field using the [Used on Forms] tab
- editing list items is not supported in Acquee
Form fields based on lists¶
Note: Form fields that are based on lists will only work if Compatibility mode of a form is NOT set to HTML Only!
To create a form field that allows the user to select from a list, go to the [Design] tab of the Forms screen and click the Add field button:
- Enter the field's Title
- select its Type as List.
Then, select the newly created field in order to set its properties:
- select Country List under Choose a List
- set Enable list browse option
- do not forget to Save!
When filling in the form now, there will be a third field that you can start typing in for the application to offer you autocomplete options (countries) that match the entered string:
Clicking the magnifying glass icon next to the input box will pull up the field browse/search dialog of all countries:
Excel/CSV file rules¶
- Import files MUST contain at least TWO columns, the Key and the Name column. Additional optional columns can also be included.
- Keys must be UNIQUE within one list.
- Header line is optional, use the Contains header line checkbox to set it accordingly.
- Additional/optional columns are text only (numbers will be imported as text as well).
- The number of additional columns apart from Key and Name is not limited, however, keep in mind that the mobile interface becomes cluttered easily with too much information.